Friday, May 12, 2017

Know how to turn the tables to see a better body composition

I have heard some people use the terms "weight loss" and "fat loss" interchangeably.  They are not the same.  One is total weight loss.  This is not just fat loss but also includes water and muscle loss.  The other is just fat loss.  Fat loss is good.  Total weight loss not so much.  I came acorss this infographic and thought I'd share it.  A couple facts that were left off that I'd like to add:  1.  Muscle is more compact than fat.  2.  Muscle is more active, therefore, it burns more calories than fat (which is not active).


I appologize for not being able to add the infographic directly to the post.  When I did, the information was too small to read.  I'm still learning how to do some of this stuff.




Weight loss v Fat loss Infographic


Let me know if you have any questions.




No comments:

Post a Comment