Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Found podcast on failure: here's to your success


When I come across something that I learn from and/or find interesting, I want to share that with you.  I recently came across a podcast with the main topic being failure.  Although it is primarily for entrepreneurs, these talks are good for anyone, in any industry.


The podcast can be found at FailOn.com.  I was listening to episode 16 on the subject of Overcoming Fear.  I enjoyed it.  I learned a bit from it this morning.  I then looked at the previous 15 episodes.  I definately will listen and learn.  I always tell my kids that experience is a tough teacher and they can't experience everything.  I continue by telling them to learn from others experiences as well so they don't have to go through the same hard lessons.  By learning from others, you can shorten your learning cycle.


On the subject of fear, one thing that I was reminded of is that everyone doesn't start being good and polished.  The people you see as successful in whatever field your interested in, didn't start there.  They began at the bottom and through trial and error, hard work, perseverience found a way to success. 


My business is exercise and fitness.  I know some people have a fear of going to the gym because they don't want to look like they don't know what they are doing.  Four things about this fear:  1)  Everyone in the gym started not knowing what they were doing.  2)  Most people in the gym will be too busy to notice you don't know.  3)  If you ask for help, most people will be glad to help/teach you on what to do.  4)  You can Google a machine or exercise and learn how to use it properly.


I just wanted to share this with you.  Check out Failon.com and let me know what you think.  To your success.









No comments:

Post a Comment